My name is Glenn and I'm a retired roofer of over 35 years in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working with wood since the age of 17 building anything from cabinets, tables, jewelry boxes and wood turnings. For the past 30 years, I have been hunting down the best salvaged California Black Walnut (Claro Walnut) in the Northern California region as well as other exotic species of wood. All of the walnut slabs and turning blanks that I have were cut and milled by myself, friends and family on an Alaskan Mill with a 66" bar in order to cut up to 52" wide slabs. Furthermore, since we strive to be a green organization, all wood is milled from salvaged/fallen trees and we do not solicit nor encourage the removal of trees solely for the purpose of milling them into lumber.
What We Have Available:
- over 400 figured and highly figured walnut slabs that are dry and green ranging in dimensions of 14" x 3' x 2" thick at the smallest and the largest at 40"-48" x 12' x 3.5" thick.
- several turning blocks in a large variety of dimensions and figure that are great for our wood turners whom can turn bowls, pens, etc with them.
- gun stock and instrument quality, uniquely figured pieces that will yield a one-of-a-kind piece.
- new stock is milled often and sold quickly therefore we have new, green stock all the time.
- large range of narrow and wide lumber in all ranges of figure.
When exploring our site you will be able to see and learn about the large variety of California claro walnut slabs that we have to offer that all vary in figure and dryness via our full photo inventory link found on our available walnut tab located directly below and at the top of this page.
Check out and get ideas for your future projects or even just to admire amazing craftmanship in our gallery filled with pictures of past fellow woodworkers finished projects as well as completed projects and furniture that I have made myself. This gallery is just a small preview of how fabulous this beautiful wood looks in all varieties of projects.